Ayurvedic Yoga Mat
Ayurvedic-Yoga-Mat for Yoga practice blended with the Ayurvedic lifestyle with the power of plants and herbs.
Ayurvedic yoga mat from Vedic Cosmos is produced based on the ancient knowledge of Ayurveda by blending the natural fibers with plants and herbs. So, the fibers are boiled and mixed with the herbs as per the traditional techniques.
- Natural cotton.
- Naturally dyed with medicinal herbs such as Vetiver, Madder, Turmeric and Tulsi.
- Special ribbed weave for comfort and grip.
- Natural rubber coating on the reverse side of the mat which is slip-resistant. Hence its good for Yoga.
- Fair trade product.
- Size L x W: 1790 x 630 mm
- Use a mild, chemical-free detergent to wash the mat.
- Do not mix it with other clothes while washing.
- If you are opting for a machine wash, go for gentle cycle.
- Wash it on low temperature with either cold or lukewarm water.
- Avoid tumble dry and direct exposure to sunlight.
- Use a medium-hot iron on steam setting.
What is Yoga?
The word “yoga” comes from a Sanskrit root called “yuj.” “Yuj” means union/to join.
Hence it means to direct and concentrate one’s attention. Thus, yoga increases mindfulness in a person’s life as it works on creating inner awareness.
Maharṣi Patañjali defines yoga as the halting of the modes of the mind. He stresses the need for compassion, kindness, and delight towards the virtuous. He also describes the need for unbiased composure as the basis of Yoga practice. According to the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, There are eight limbs/types of yoga.
The eight limbs (aṣṭāv aṅgāni) of yoga, as explained by Patanjali Maharishi are:
1. The five Yamas
2. The five Niyamas
Haṭha-Yoga (that aims at physical exercise and pranayamas), as mentioned in Haṭha-Yoga-Pradīpikā, is the most popular form of yoga. Generally, the asanas and pranayamas taught in various places/ashrams is Hathayoga only. Ayurvedic Yoga Mat is useful for practicing daily Hatha-Yoga.